Kiddush for my Daughters birth, but she 22 years old

My husband was speaking to a neighbor on the next block.  The neighbor was FFB Rabbi. He told him he was having a kiddush on Shabbos for his adult daughter even though she had a kiddush at the time of her birth. He may of explained more at the time but I wasn't there.

A few months later his daughter was engaged. Another conversation came up about our daughter. We are BT's and at the time of her birth, she had to stay in the hospital with complications. The first year of her life was a blur. I don't even think we knew to have a kiddush.

So , with the encouragement of our neighbor we made a kiddush for her. The Rav made a short speech about this custom. Everyone gave us brochos for her. A few months later she was engaged.

When the shidduch group grew, so we made a joint kiddush for the births of many of our adult daughters. Some had them at birth, some didn't.  The results were productive.

I made my second daughters kiddush at home. After shul about 12 couples came  and gave us brochos for her. She also became engaged.

We did this so many times in Chicago, it became normal.

I was involved with older girls from non Lubavitch homes, after several years of asking them to do this , they finally did very recently. I will let you know the outcome of that kiddush.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

119 Shidduchs ...How did that Happen?

me 11